Access to and use of the text, images, and other files on this website are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Software, data, documentation, electronic text and image files, audio and video clips, and other material are protected by copyright laws and may be covered by other restrictions as well. The Museum of the Moving Image ("Moving Image") retains all rights, including copyright, in data, image, text, and any other information contained in these files. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the material on this Website may also subsist in individuals or entities other than, and/or in addition to, Moving Image. Moving Image expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on this Website, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright laws, and as described below.
2. Fair use of copyrighted material includes the use of protected materials for noncommercial educational purposes, such as teaching, scholarship, research, criticism, commentary, and news reporting. Unless otherwise noted, users who wish to download or print text and image files from Moving Image's website for such uses are welcome to do so without Moving Image's express permission. Users must cite the author and source of this material as they would material from any printed work; the citation should include the URL: https://stage.movingimage.us.
Moving Image does not warrant that use of the materials displayed on this website will not infringe the rights of third parties not affiliated with Moving Image. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
By downloading, printing, or otherwise using text and image files from this website, users agree that they will limit their use of such files to fair use, and will not violate Moving Image's or any other party's proprietary rights.
3. Unauthorized commercial publication or exploitation of Moving Image's files is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any of these files or images for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, must request and receive prior written permission from Moving Image. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Moving Image. A usage fee may be involved depending on the nature and type of the proposed use.
For inquiries regarding research and photographic services, see the Research Resources section.
4. Moving Image has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this website and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to this website. Users link to any off-site pages or other sites at their own risk.
5. Moving Image may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. Users are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically revisit this page to review current Terms and Conditions.