SAFETY MEASURES TO PROTECT AGAINST THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
Update: New York City has added free COVID-19 testing sites in all five boroughs, including at MoMI in Astoria (Jan. 2; enter from 36 Street side of the building). Find all sites and learn more یہاں.
Know Before You Visit
Our visitor safety guidelines continue to change as new rules are announced by federal, state, and city agencies. As of December 14, 2021, and in accordance with New York City guidelines, proof of at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccination is required for visitors ages 5+, and as of December 27, proof of full vaccination (in most cases, two doses) is required for ages 12+ (with photo ID for adults). Face masks continue to be required for all visitors. Our policies below reflect this change:
- Book your Museum visit یہاں. Advance purchase of timed-entry gallery and screening tickets is recommended, as overall capacity is reduced. However, walk-ups are welcome on a first-come, first-served basis and pending availability. Film tickets may be purchased via individual film pages.
If you feel unwell or believe you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you refrain from visiting. A refund will be issued for your ticket.
- As of December 14, proof of vaccination is required of all visitors (ages 5+). In accordance with the Key to NYC mandate, visitors (ages 5 and older) must show proof of at least one vaccination shot. And, as of December 27, visitors ages 12+ must show proof of full vaccination to gain entry into the Museum. Adults (ages 18+) must also present photo ID. Forms of proof include a hard copy or photo of an official vaccination card, the New York State Excelsior app, and the NYC Covid Safe app. For more information, visit the Key to NYC page.
- Face masks are required for all visitors (ages 2+). Masks, covering both nose and mouth, must be worn at all times inside the building.
- For Museum experiences that require touch or shared surfaces, such as touch screens and video games, we ask that visitors clean their hands first using hand sanitizer stations available nearby.
Some amenities and sections are closed or have limited access:
- Cafe will remain closed for the time being.
- Coat check is temporarily closed, and the maximum bag size allowed in Museum galleries is 11"x14" (28 x 33.5 cm). No large bags or luggage can be allowed. Please plan accordingly. Stroller parking will be available.
- Download a Museum map showing open areas to help plan your visit.
Other Museum measures to keep us all safe:
- All Museum staff will be required to wear masks and have been trained to minimize contact.
- Visitor capacity is limited to 50% throughout the building, except in our theaters, where capacity is limited to 75%.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added to encourage clean hands.
- Physical barriers, e.g. Plexiglass screens, have been installed at the admissions desk.
- All air systems have been upgraded, with MERV 13 air filters installed, and theaters deep-cleaned.
More information about safety in our theaters:
- Masks must be worn at all times. At this time, concessions are not available and eating and drinking (with the exception of water) are not allowed during the screening.
- Theater capacity is limited to less than 50% until further notice.
- In between screenings, theaters will be totally sanitized, including each seat, using an electrostatic disinfectant backpack system (more info).
- In addition, a bipolar ionization system, which cleans the air, removing ozone, particles, and pathogens, has been installed in the Redstone Theater. For more information about the system, visit یہاں.
We welcome your inquiries. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.